ETHICS AND ESSAY PREPARATION- today's topic- ETHICS IN HUMAN INTERFACE 3627 Views

You are currently viewing a single post in this thread.

Hello guys here we can share anecdotes, good practices, examples of people doing good work, data which can be used directly in our answers. Also discussion about essay and ethics preparation, which many aspirants ignore. We have to keep in mind that these 2 papers together weigh 500 marks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdfcR-8hEY --- ethics course by Harvard University. Must watch for some insights into ethics

Single Post

Ethics- leadership : IAS officer Ramesh Gholap, the Deputy Commissioner of Koderma in Jharkhand, was out distributing blankets to the poor when he saw a frail little girl standing in the line. On enquiry, the DC found out that the girl was 11-year-old Sapna whose parents had died recently, leaving her with nowhere to go.

Acting out of instinct, Ramesh drove Sapna to the nearest Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, registering himself as her guardian. He also asked the officials of social security departments to ensure Sapna gets Rs 2,000 every month, and a tutor takes care of her studies.

Each time the IAS officer meets such children, his memories take him miles away - to Mahagaon in Maharashtra's Solapur district, where he sold bangles along with his mother after his father’s death. Gholap couldn’t do much else because of his polio-stricken leg. 

"I believe that the situation which I overcame has given me the biggest gift – sensitivity," he says.

Credits: Better india

great anecdote, Maura.

You do not have permission to reply to this post. Please login and continue Click here to login. If you dont have account Click here to register.