You are currently viewing a single post in this thread.
As a part of the "Weekly Open Thread Discussion With InsightsIAS Team" initiative, we are bringing Ashish sir to the forum discussions with you. He will address your queries related to important topics of Mains GS3-Paper like Environment Conservation, Pollution, Climate Change, EIA, Extremism(Naxalism, Insurgency, Terrorism, Militancy), Border management challenges and Security, Cyber Security. We request you to utilize this opportunity to the best.
We heartily welcome Ashish sir to the Discussions.
Sir ,I taken environment lightly and I have paid it in form of not clearing prelims this year.sir I just want to ask very honestly ,how to prepare environment section for both pre and mains ,having said that I have completed all required NCERTs .I want fresh start, and sources to make its notes.
A) Preparing Environment for Mains
1. Understand the syllabus . (word by word)
2. See the previous year questions
3. Understand the thematic areas and questions around which upsc mainly focus upon.
Example- Climate change, Various types of Minning and environment impact, water related issues(pollution- Ground, surface, water stress, wetland, river linking n issues etc)
4. Understanding basics
5. Making crisp notes
6. Value addition of Current events related to environment
7. substantiation by diagrams, reports etc
8. Multiple time revision (help in interlinking syllabus also)and lots of answer writing practice.
Initially it will take some time but in long run it will be helpful and productive.
B) Preparing Environment For Prelims-
1. basic clarity from 12th Biology Ncert, Geography Ncert (esp. natural vegetation chapter, Flora n Fauna , Maps )
2. See previous year questions. In this aspect try to see and know little bit about each option of all questions. Slowly u will start to increase your horizon of facts and concepts.
3. Try to see Atlas and do map marking on regular basis.
4. Focus upon Areas like clean energy and new technologies
5. International conventions and national legislation try to understand its objective n evolution . It help u to remember most of the things.
6. solve many mcq's both static and current.